Thursday, February 22, 2007

6MileBridge


This is my interpretation of Holly with her first taste of guiness at Six Mile Bridge in Ireland, done in Faber-Castell Polychromas Pastels. I used the idea from Damien Rice's 9 CD cover where there is a drawing in colour pastels. Holly may not be particularly impressed with the likeness but I love how the pastels can work together and make for a really interesting picture. When I first bought them I was a bit disappointed, but now I am just beginning to see the opportunities they offer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to blogland, sis. you finally caved in, haha.

Kirralee Fisher said...

caving in is what I do best! =)

Big Daz said...

i love this picture, if i had some money i would buy it off you!! right up my alley. i give it 4/5 !! keep it up!

Kirralee Fisher said...

Thanks for the encouragement big daz - just what I needed! :-)