Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Aussie East Coast

I am in my land of the sun at the moment, Australia! I had a great time on the East Coast last week with my sister and brother-in-law and their lovely menagerie of pets, including said sausage dog that found its way into my luggage one night and happily snorted and burrowed about in my clean clothes all night long! I have been thinking about doing some work on Australia, but am unsure whether it should be things specific to my family or whether it should be inside or outside locations. Here is a bit of the "inside" thinking to date, some with graphite and oil bar and one using my sister's new tablet and the sketch program. I have also put in a photo of the Canberra Glassworks, which was a really good afternoon out. Holly Grace is currently an artist-in-residence there and I found her work quite inspirational, particularly the way she expresses the Australian landscape. Her website is http://www.hollygrace.com/. Happy days, folks are coming around soon, so I best put my pics in quick! PS I don't have Adobe Photoshop here so my editing may be slightly dodgy :).


Champas

Harry

Broccoli

Canberra Glassworks



 

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Love "Champas". Now I see what you mean by colour! - when we were discussing how I was drawn to line and you were drawn to colour - while we walked up the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. Love it! I'd love to see you do the trains we saw - you focused on the juxtaposition of their bright colours against the drab, cold and wet day and I was focused on the lines within the entire frame. If you could re capture that same frame and show me the colour that you saw, I'm sure I would no longer see the lines and I would only see the colour -just as you did - it would capture a winter's day in Edinburgh in a totally new and different way! Karyn