Friday, April 26, 2013

A day of falconry

I am super excited. Today I finished my first ever slip case! I wanted a thumb tab so it was easier to pull my falconry day prints out, but think I need to find a better way to finish it off in book cloth as it looks a bit shoddy. In the end, the prints were a bit 'hey-ho' per the tutor comments at my review, but my main purpose was to try using different ways to print in colour, including jigsaw blocks, roller, addition and multiple colour prints so I am not too phased, though I do heed their comments. I think I need more development time. It is one thing to print something initially, but then I need time to figure out how to improve it to be what I want it to be. Anyway, I had a couple of friends who liked the prints. Oisin liked the lip of the older man holding the bird which I really struggled with and thought I had made a muck up of, so that was nice of him to say :). Will post a couple more of the pieces from my final review for second year soon. I am in the process of doing my documentation that I need to submit for my final grade so all in good time...










No comments: