Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pushing Out

Here is the work that I have submitted for the 119th Annual Exhibition of the Society of Scottish Artists 2016. It would be great to get shortlisted for the exhibition, but if I don't succeed, I will continue to work hard and try again next year!

My new project is a short-term one and is to design a cover for the year end show of my friend's dance school. Excellent excuse to be trawling youtube for videos of the world's best dancers, particularly break and robot.

K Fisher (2016) Pushing Out Egg tempera on canvas [100 x 100 cm]

K Fisher (2016) (Detail of) Pushing Out Egg tempera on canvas


4 comments:

Mark Rosenquist said...

Nice job!! I love it. Looks like some interesting symbolism in the painting. Is that supposed to be you holding on to the big cup with the fish in it? It looks kind of like you. Nice looking bird. I like the waves, especially that monster wave that is about to crash into the boat. The boat looks quite realistic. I like the details.
I love the teapot with the cup of tea on the rocks. I think there's some symbolism there. In my case, I think I'd leave a box of unfinished pizza on the rocks! Hahaha!! Great painting. And I think it's a thought-provoking painting.

Kirralee Fisher said...

Thanks for the positive feedback Mark!! Ha ha, yeah the idea of the pizza is funny - I wonder what that could be symbolic for? Hope the writing is going well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture, I love visiting in this blog.
บาคาร่าออนไลน์
บาคาร่า
gclub จีคลับ

Kirralee Fisher said...

Thank you Choo Say - your words really encourage me!