Thursday, May 10, 2018

Hessie, Sonita & the Dancing Squirrel

Howdy friends. As my sister rightly pointed out today, I have been terrible at keeping my blog up to date. The main reason for this is that I have been working on illustrating and designing a children's mini-chapter book (pitched at about 8-year olds) and haven't wanted to reveal too much until the book is printed. My collaborator, Rosemary who is the writer, and I are meeting with people this week to chat about getting it printed and we hope very much to get it out to you soon! 

In the mean time I have continued to work on projects for the children's book illustration course I am doing through London Art College. I am just about to submit Project 4 (finally!) and have to get the remaining 2 projects completed soon. Here is my submission of images (development and final for the exercise and project). I still have difficulty in finding a way to make the text work in well with the illustration (bold enough to read yet subtle enough to not distract from the image). Any feedback/suggestions on this is very welcome - as are any other comments. 


K Fisher (May 2018), Hessie and Sonita (Project 4 - The Cow Who Went Looking for a Friend (London Art College). Illustration, text, character name and development by K Fisher [406 x 305 mm]
K Fisher (May 2018), Hessie - character development
K Fisher (May 2018), Sonita - character development


K Fisher (March 2018), Dancing Squirrel 

K Fisher (March 2018), Squirrel character development


K Fisher (March 2018), Squirrel research drawings







No comments: