Friday, April 27, 2007

After the Bath



My copy (very poor one!) of Edgar Degas' "After the Bath" about circa 1890. His nudes done in pastel are awesome as they show women doing every day things not like some kind of pin-up. If you get the chance, check these out. http://www.expo-degas.com/1_5.cfm By the way, there seems to a number of Edgar Degas "After the Bath" works so it might be a bit hard to find this one! Unfortunately the camera picked up the white spaces in my copy which didn't seem to be there on paper. Probably needs some more work. Hopefully going to start some jewellery courses soon to get onto something different.

2 comments:

justin said...

I really enjoy your "copies". What's this about a jewellery course? Sounds cool.

Kirralee Fisher said...

Apparently some people came to my work a while ago and did some jewellery work with some of the staff. Some of the stuff was pretty cool apparently so I figure I should get stuck into it!