Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Transformer diptych

Well, I confess, I was a bit disappointed yesterday. I had really been hoping to use a pearlescent medium to make my transformers in my planned diptych shiny and bright, but they don't have the medium in oils only acrylic. So, I am hoping that the iridescent white I bought mixed with the right colours will be able to do the trick. Here are some sketches I did last week to familiarise myself with my transformers, Optimus Prime and Shockwave. I don't understand it, but Shockwave, who is supposed to be the bad one, seems to have a much gentler spirit than Optimus Prime. Not that toys have spirit of course! Unless you have been watching Toy Story :). This week has been spent making canvases and reading about Monet and Gauguin for an essay I need to write. Both artists have surprised me in a number of ways.


Optimus Prime

Shockwave

No comments: