Friday, March 23, 2012

Transformer diptych (part 2)

Excitingly, I discovered buff titanium paint this week. I was trying to explain my excitement to a friend last night and they didn't quite understand the colour until I explained that it was like buff paper. Okay, so it may also be called beige on the label, which I think isn't half as good a name, but as Shakespeare said, 
"...What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
The buff titanium has been very helpful for doing my beach scenes, when white or naples yellow just wasn't giving me the colour mix I was after. Of course, my beach scenes are going to have a couple of quirky items in...Transformers, you ask? Well, no, not in the beach scenes, but the Transformers are still going strong. I finished my diptych last Friday. The iridescent white worked well when mixed in with the purples, blues and greys - a slight shimmer, but not too much. Unfortunately, I think where my paintings are hanging in the corridor there isn't enough sunlight to catch the shimmer so it hasn't picked up in my photo that well.


No comments: