Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Back to the 80s

End of year has come all too soon. Although officially there is still more than a month and a half to go, end of year assessment was last Friday. I am a bit perplexed about what happens next but I guess that is all part of the adventure. Here are the latest in my 80s action heroes paintings, Back to the Future 3 and Astro Boy and his sister Astro Girl, both set in Portobello beach. I have also naughtily taken a photo of a fellow student's work, Rachel, as it is a brilliant painting of me wearing my shiny blue Gola sneakers. 

Back to the Future 3

Astro Boy and Astro Girl

Rachel's painting
Other than that, I watched Hugo last night, which was a very beautiful film. Also been listening to a lot of David Guetta's music as inspiration in the studio - something beautiful about this too.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg&feature=g-logo&context=G2e281ffFOAAAAAAADAA

3 comments:

Mark Rosenquist said...

Hey--I found your art blog. Well, actually I found it awhile back, but I'm just now commenting for the first time. Those are some nice looking shoes there. Are those new?

Mark Rosenquist said...

Oh yeah, "Hugo" was a great movie, wasn't it? I saw that several weeks ago.

Kirralee Fisher said...

Hey, yes they are nice looking shoes! Unfortunately I've had them for a while now so they are starting to wear out - hopefully some more shiny shoes will come my way :)