Thursday, April 26, 2012

Duel

Okay, well I shall try not to be too hard on myself about my piece for our final first year exhibition, but the truth is I am not completely happy. I like the concept and I like my individual Transformers, but I think I just ran out of time and to be honest, it could do with more work. I think in future I might actually paint on the canvas first and then stretch it on the canvas stretcher so I can adjust my composition. Also, I think the canvas might have been stretched too tight and the wood has warped a bit so overall, structurally it is a bit of a disaster!! Well, on the bright side, I am pleased with myself that I tried new techniques and I tried a large oil painting, so now I know how big the struggle can be and an estimate of the time needed :). And now it is summer break!!! Here are the photos of my painting so you can see for yourself. Oh and PS the exhibition is this afternoon at 4pm in Studios C8 and C9, opposite the Sculpture Court, main building Edinburgh College of Art. It is rumoured that Stephen Fry will be in the building today for the filming of a new dramatisation of one of Ian Rankin's novels. So I think everyone is pretty excited we might get to see him!


Duel 120cm x 140cm

Close-up of Duel

Close-up of Shockwave

Close-up of Optimus Prime

No comments: