Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gundagai

Another day, another dollar...well maybe not, but it is a good day all the same :). I still haven't really decided what to do regarding the Australia theme, but I am currently into sketching the buildings at Gundagai (Australia) in pencil and chalk pastels. I have been inspired by the amazing drawings by Elly Cottrill which I saw at the Edinburgh College of Art degree show at the weekend. You should check out her website at http://www.ellycottrill.com/. I want to be more patient and take more care with my drawing and colour mixing and matching, and so along these lines I have applied to RBGE to do their Botanical Illustration certificate over summer. I am really hoping the reasons I am applying to do the course stack up and they say yes! Here are a couple of sketches of what looked like to be an abandoned or run-down pub at Gundagai.



No comments: