Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Genesis

Well it's been a LONG time. I think my blog is about 7 years old now. I still remember starting it in a room in Coode Street, Mount Lawley Perth. On a dark night...actually I can't really remember that bit, but I remember the room had those cane roll down roman blinds that never really worked properly and overlooked the street with thin fly away blue curtains. Anyway, maybe I'm saying all this because the place I've been living now in Edinburgh for 5 years is up for sale and so I guess I'm moving on. Funny, just the night before I found out about the sale I had been thinking that my address had become a part of myself. Imagine, living in the same place all your life and your address was part of yourself. Anyway, maybe it's listening to Damien Rice that is making me talk all this stuff. I thought I would start from the beginning of third year, since I have posted nothing at all and now it is nearly over.  So, it all started at Meadowbank Shopping Park, near the recycling bins, where the rats, cats, pigeons, crows and seagulls hang out. Oh, KFC is not that far away either - maybe that's one of the reasons why...actually it didn't, I remember now, it all started at St Margaret's Loch and F8, our tower studio away from the rest of the world...and our first week mandatory project about "postcards". And the sun was shining through those big windows and the sky was blue all that first week.

K Fisher (2013), Untitled Postcards [Oil on Card]

K Fisher (2013), Untitled Postcards [Oil on Card]

K Fisher (2013), Untitled Postcards [Oil on Card]



No comments: